Are you struggling with uninstalling Microsoft Office 365 or its previous versions from your system? Discover the efficiency of OffScrub VBS scripts, your ultimate solution for completely removing Office installations. Ideal for resolving peculiar Office issues, these scripts are a must-have tool for IT professionals.
In-Depth Look at OffScrub:
What is OffScrub?
- OffScrub VBS scripts are designed for thorough uninstallation of Office products.
- These scripts are particularly useful when facing update or repair issues.
The Suite of OffScrub VBS Scripts:
- Breakdown of each script’s purpose:
OffScrub10.vbsfor Office 2003, 2007, and 2010 respectively.
OffScrub_O16msi.vbsfor Office 2013 and 2016 MSI installations.
OffScrubc2r.vbsfor Office 365 and Click-to-Run versions.
- Direct link to the GitHub repository for detailed script access.
Simple Guide to Running OffScrub VBS Scripts
Step 1: Locate the OffScrub VBS Script
- Ensure you have the OffScrub VBS (Visual Basic Script) file you wish to run. It typically has a
.vbsextension. You can find these scripts on the OfficeDev GitHub repository.
Step 2: Prepare to Run the Script
- Make sure you have the necessary permissions to run the script. OffScrub scripts may require administrative privileges. If needed, log in as an administrator or obtain approval from your IT department.
Step 3: How to Run the Script
- Option 1: Double-Click Method
- Go to the folder containing your OffScrub VBS file.
- Double-click on the
.vbsfile to run it. The script will execute automatically.
- Option 2: Using Command Prompt
Win + Rto open the Run dialog box.
Enterto open Command Prompt.
- Use the
cdcommand to navigate to the directory containing your VBS file. For example,
cscriptfollowed by your VBS file’s name and press
Enter. For example,
Step 4: Observing the Output
After launching an OffScrub VBS script, you can expect to see various outputs depending on which script you’re running. Here’s what to look for:
For OffScrub Scripts with User Prompts:
A dialog box may appear, prompting you to input further details or make selections.
- For example, when running
OffScrub10.vbsfor Office 2010 removal, a prompt will ask which Office products you want to uninstall.
- You can type
CLIENTALLto remove all client products installed on the machine, as shown in the image below:
This dialog is your opportunity to specify the scope of the uninstallation process. Make your selection based on what you need to remove, and click ‘OK’ to proceed.
For OffScrub Scripts Without User Prompts:
Certain scripts, like
OffScrubc2r.vbs, designed for Click-to-Run versions of Office, will not display any options or dialog boxes before execution.
Once you run
OffScrubc2r.vbs, it immediately begins the uninstallation process of all Click-to-Run Office products installed on your system.
What to Expect During the Process:
The Command Prompt window will display the progress of the uninstallation, including any error messages or confirmations.
It’s essential to monitor this output as the script runs because it may provide important status updates or prompt for additional actions.
Once the script completes its execution, check the final messages in the Command Prompt. It should indicate whether the uninstallation was successful or if there were any issues.
If the script encountered problems, you might see error codes or messages that you can use for troubleshooting or seeking further assistance.
By understanding what to expect when running OffScrub VBS scripts, you can manage the uninstallation process more effectively and respond to prompts or issues as they arise. Remember, running these scripts can significantly affect your system’s software setup, so use them carefully and ideally under the guidance of an IT professional if you’re not confident in doing it yourself.
Step 5: Troubleshooting
- If the script doesn’t run as expected:
- Check for error messages and note them.
- Ensure you’re using the script in the correct Windows environment.
- For technical difficulties, consult a more experienced individual or your IT department.
- Always use scripts from trusted sources to avoid security risks.
- Familiarize yourself with the basic functions of VBS scripts if you’re new to them.
A list of Office Installation Errors Codes which can be tackled by OffScrub:
- Office installation errors, such as Error Code 30045-4(1) can be resolved using Offscrub
- Reference discussions from forums like Spiceworks for additional insights.